Benchmarking for Best Practices is a unique service offered by Qimpro. It consists of three interrelated services:
1. Harvesting Best Practices - BestPrax Barometer
Organizations are typically so consumed in their gap analysis that they seldom realize and recognize their own best practices.
At times, competitors are more aware of these best practices than the organization itself.
BestPrax, A Qimpro Initiative, offers a proven structured service for "harvesting" best practices in an organization.
The Global Benchmarking Network recognizes the BestPrax approach for harvesting best practices as a best practice to be adopted by other member-countries in the network.
2. Exchanging Best Practices - TRADE
The TRADE benchmarking methodology is focused on the exchange (or “trade”) of information and best practices to improve the performance of processes, goods and services.
TRADE is a five stage benchmarking methodology:
- Terms of Reference (plan the project)
- Research (research current state)
- Act (undertake data collection & analysis)
- Deploy (communicate & implement best practices)
- Evaluate (evaluate the benchmarking process & outcomes)
TRADE Benchmarking Certification provides assurance that the TRADE benchmarking methodology is fully understood. Principal Partner: BPIR.com, New Zealand
3. Growing Best Practices - NextPrax Labs™
Best practices are mortal. Competition ensures the best becomes a common practice. In order to remain competitive NextPrax Labs™ are required for proactively challenging the harvested best practices, and creating innovative next practices.
NextPrax Labs™ is a three stage methodology:
- DEFINE - Determiner the focus area; form a project team; prepare terms of reference
- MAP - Map the process around focus area; define performance measures; measure current performance; prioritize practices for innovation through NextPrax Labs™
- CREATE - Ideate with creativity tools; benchmark cross-industry best practices; harvest ideas; design NextPrax solution.
™ BestPrax Club, 2016